If you're looking for a large, high wing, light aircraft that flies beautifully, then the Taylorcraft BC12-D could be just what you're looking for.
The full size Taylorcraft is an American made light single engine aircraft built by Taylorcraft Aviation Corporation. It was designed and manufactured by Clarence Taylor, who was an early employee of what was to become Piper Aircraft. Taylor vowed to build a personal aircraft superior to the Piper Cub, so he formed his own company, and the Taylorcraft was born.
Our model is based on the plan drawn by Phil Kent in 1997. The original plan was drawn using Taylorcraft 3 Views and direct measurements from a full size Taylorcraft.
The resulting 1/4 scale model at 108" wingspan is a delightful flying model, and the first models built from the plan had very successful competition records winning the Scottish Nationals and the Clubman event at the British Nationals. Powered by a Laser 100 and 120, both models were adequately powered.
The woodwork and plan interpretation skills skills required on this model are similar to those required for most 1/4" scale projects. There is some heavier metalwork required in construction of the undercarriage and supports around the cockpit area. The kitset does not include any of the require metals.
We do production runs daily, so any kitset will generally ship within 1 to 2 working days. We ship locally or worldwide, with worldwide delivery generally between 7 to 21 days. All pricing on this web site is in New Zealand dollars.
If you are visiting from overseas see our International Web Site hangaronekits.com for pricing in US Dollars & other currencies with swift worldwide shipping options.
Click here to view the builders construction article.
- Wingspan: 108" / 2743mm
- Number of channels: 4
- Recommended engine size: 120 to 150 four stroke
- Includes full sized rolled plan and the original construction article
Click the image for a preview of the plan
|Materials Required For Airframe Completion:|
See the bottom of the page to add
these materials in with your kitset
- 2.5 x 100 x 1220 Balsa Sheets x 2
- 3.0 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheets x 3
- 3.0 x 100 x 1220 Balsa Sheets x 1
- 12.5 x 100 x 1220 Balsa Sheets x 1
- 1.5 x 5.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 10
- 3.0 x 3.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 2
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 8
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 8
- 6.5 x 19 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 2
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 9115 Spruce Sticks x 4
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 1220 Spruce Sticks x 2
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 1220 Spruce Sticks x 4
- 6.5 x 12.5 x 1229 Spruce Sticks x 8
- 8.0 x 11.0 Spruce Sticks x 2
- 8.0 x 19.0 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 2
- 0.4 x 300 x 600 Birch Plywood x 1
- 0.8 x 300 x 1200 Birch Plywood x 1
|Click the image for a preview of the|
laser cut parts included in the kitset
|Materials Completion Pack: