When the Slingsby factory in Great Britain decided to move away from wooden construction, the aluminium T-53 was developed. It features two fixed tandem wheels and a very obvious swept forward wing.
The Slingsby T-53B was a minor modification of the Slingsby T-53 two seat tandem trainer, and was used by the RAF for Air Cadet training.
Our Laser Cut Kit is based on the design from 1970 by Bob Andris.
We do production runs daily, so any kitset will generally ship within 1 to 2 working days. We ship locally or worldwide, with worldwide delivery generally between 7 to 21 days. All pricing on this web site is in New Zealand dollars.
If you are visiting from overseas see our International Web Site hangaronekits.com for pricing in US Dollars & other currencies with swift worldwide shipping options.
Click here to view the builders construction article.
- Wingspan: 111" / 2819mm
- Number of channels: 2 - 3
- Includes full sized rolled plan and the original construction article
Click the image for a preview of the plan
|Materials Required For Airframe Completion:|
See the bottom of the page to add
these materials in with your kitset
- 1.5 x 75 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 8
- 1.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 2.5 x 75 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 5.0 x 75 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 4
- 3.0 x 9.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 1
- 3.0 x 12.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 3
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 3
- 6.5 x 9.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 1
- 9.5 x 12.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 5
- 3.0 x 9.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 6
- 19.0 x 19.0 x 915 Balsa Triangle x 5
- K&S Music Wire 3/16" x 915 x 1
|Click the image for a preview of the|
laser cut parts included in the kitset
|Materials Completion Pack: