A classic design by Joe Bridi, his 60 size trainer was adopted by RCM as the RCM Trainer 60 and later the Great Planes 60 Trainer.
The RCM Trainer 60 has everything you're looking for in a trainer. It's a simple build, going together a bit like a classic "Stik" design, a thick wing design which is stable and will slow down for landing, but being symmetrical it will still loop, roll and spin.
Designed for 4 channels rudder, elevator, ailerons and throttle, the RCM Trainer 60 will fly well on any engine size from a 40 to a 60 two stroke.
If you like the design but would like something a little smaller, then check out our 25 to 40 size version.
We have modified the wing joiner area in both of the kit sets to include a plywood dihedral brace, which is a more accurate method of joining the wings than the original design.
Our laser cut short kits are held in stock ready for prompt shipping, and we ship locally or worldwide, with worldwide delivery generally between 7 to 21 days. See the bottom of the page for the option to add in a Materials Completion Pack to give you all the materials you need to complete the airframe build. All prices are in NZ Dollars.
Click here to view the builders construction article.
- Wingspan: 65" / 1651mm
- Number of channels: 4
- Recommended engine size: 40 - 60 two stroke, 54 four stroke or electric equivalent
- Includes full sized rolled plan and the original construction article for the 40 size version
Click the image for a preview of the plan
|Materials Required For Airframe Completion:|
- 2.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheets x 7
- 2.5 x 9.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 8
- 9.5 x 9.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 4
- 9.5 x 12.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 4
- 50.0 x 50.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 1
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Triangles x 3
- 12.5 x 12.5 x 915 Balsa Triangles x 1
|Click the image for a preview of the|
laser cut parts included in the kitset
|Materials Completion Pack: