Relive the golden years of RC gliders with our new range of modern classics!
Enjoy those classic lines and appreciate the built-up construction of balsa and ply, in a brand new engineered airframe, featuring accurate interlocking parts and lightweight construction techniques, combined with the latest in aerofoil profiles. Our classic glider kits are designed from the ground up to be a simple build that any aeromodeller can reproduce.
The Kārea (from the Maori Kārearea, the native New Zealand Falcon), is conventional in design with attention paid to minimising drag with a slimline fuselage and all-moving tailplane.
This design can be easily built by anyone who has some previous building experience. Time and effort spent in carving and sanding will reveal the smooth flowing contours of the Kārea.
The wing features a blend of three AG wing profiles from root to tip and the fuselage components include extensive alignment tabs in the fuselage sides and formers. This along with strong and lightweight structures allow builders to produce a straight and accurate kit which performs well. (Note that the production kitset has a fully sheeted rudder).
Our laser cut short kits are held in stock ready for prompt shipping, and we ship locally or worldwide, with worldwide delivery generally between 7 to 21 days. See the bottom of the page for the option to add in a Materials Completion Pack to give you all the materials you need to complete the airframe build. All prices are in NZ Dollars.
- Wingspan: 100" / 2540mm
- Number of channels: 2 - 3
- Includes full sized rolled plan
Click the image for a preview of the plan
|Materials Required For Airframe Completion:|
- 1.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 1.5 x 75 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 11
- 6.5 x 75 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 9.5 x 75 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 1.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 5
- 2.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 14
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 1
- 3.0 x 9.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 4
- 6.5 x 9.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 4
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Triangle x 6
- 1.5 x 6.5 x 915 Spruce x 4
- 3.0 x 9.5 x 915 Spruce x 8
|Click the image for a preview of the|
laser cut parts included in the kitset
|Materials Completion Pack: