Relive the golden years of RC gliders with our new range of modern classics!
Drawing on the classic lines of Dave Thornburg's Bird Of Time from the 1970's, we have scaled up those timeless curves and re-engineered them into a 142" / 3.6 metre classic glider.
The design features an interlocking fuselage for straightforward and accurate construction, fibreglass airbrakes and balsa wood airbrake surrounds, to make duplicating those classic lines a piece of cake. The kit also includes our own completely re-drawn full size plan. We have also added some down thrust to the front fuselage former which can be used a a mounting point for electric conversion if you would like.
Our laser cut short kits are held in stock ready for prompt shipping, and we ship locally or worldwide, with worldwide delivery generally between 7 to 21 days. See the bottom of the page for the option to add in a Materials Completion Pack to give you all the materials you need to complete the airframe build. All prices are in NZ Dollars.
- Wingspan: 142" / 3606mm
- Number of channels: 2 - 3
- Includes full sized rolled plan
Click the image for a preview of the plan
|Materials Required For Airframe Completion:|
- 1.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 8
- 1.5 x 100 x 1220 Balsa Sheet x 4
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 8
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 4
- 9.5 x 15.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 6
- 3.0 x 12.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 4
- 3.0 x 12.5 x 1220 Spruce Sticks x 4
- K&S Brass Tube 1/8" x 12" x 1
- K&S Brass Tube 13/32" x 12" x 2
- K&S Music Wire 3/32" x 36" x 1
|Click the image for a preview of the|
laser cut parts included in the kitset
|Materials Completion Pack: