Relive the golden years of RC gliders with our new range of modern classics!
Drawing on the classic lines of Dave Thornburg's Bird Of Time from the 1970's, we have scaled up those timeless curves and re-engineered them into a 142" / 3.6 metre classic glider.
The design features an interlocking fuselage for straightforward and accurate construction, fibreglass airbrakes and balsa wood airbrake surrounds, to make duplicating those classic lines a piece of cake. The kit also includes our own completely re-drawn full size plan.
For those who would like to convert it to electric, we have also added some down thrust to the front fuselage former which can be used a a mounting point for electric conversion if you would like.
We do production runs daily, so any kitset will generally ship within 1 to 2 working days. We ship locally or worldwide, with worldwide delivery generally between 7 to 21 days. All pricing on this web site is in New Zealand dollars.
If you are visiting from overseas see our International Web Site hangaronekits.com for pricing in US Dollars & other currencies with swift worldwide shipping options.
- Wingspan: 142" / 3606mm
- Number of channels: 2 - 3
- Includes full sized rolled plan
Click the image for a preview of the plan
|Materials Required For Airframe Completion:|
See the bottom of the page to add
these materials in with your kitset
- 1.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 8
- 1.5 x 100 x 1220 Balsa Sheet x 4
- 3.0 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 12.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 1
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 8
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 4
- 9.5 x 15.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 6
- 3.0 x 12.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 4
- 3.0 x 12.5 x 1220 Spruce Sticks x 4
- K&S Brass Tube 1/8" x 12" x 1
- K&S Brass Tube 13/32" x 12" x 2
- K&S Music Wire 3/32" x 36" x 1
|Click the image for a preview of the|
laser cut parts included in the kitset
|Materials Completion Pack: