The Hanriot HD.1 was a French World War I single-seat fighter aircraft, supplied mainly to the Belgian and the Italian air forces with whom it proved highly successful. A total of about 1,200 examples were built.
The type was a conventional fighter with the general characteristics of a typical Sopwith type, being strongly but lightly built, and combining clean lines with a light wing loading. In particular, it used the same "W" cabane strut arrangement as the Sopwith two-seater. It had a flat lower wing, though the top wing had quite sharp dihedral.
Our kitset includes laser cut cowling rings to allow you to laminate and sand the engine cowling to shape from balsa and ply parts.
We do production runs daily, so any kitset will generally ship within 1 to 2 working days. We ship locally or worldwide, with worldwide delivery generally between 7 to 21 days. All pricing on this web site is in New Zealand dollars.
If you are visiting from overseas see our International Web Site hangaronekits.com for pricing in US Dollars & other currencies with swift worldwide shipping options.
Click here to view the builders construction article.
- Wingspan: 72" / 1828mm
- Number of channels: 4
- Recommended engine size: 60 size two stroke or 90 four stroke
- Includes full sized rolled plan and the original construction article
Click the image for a preview of the plan
|Materials Required For Airframe Completion:|
See the bottom of the page to add
these materials in with your kitset
- 1.5 x 5.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 2
- 3.0 x 3.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 3
- 5.0 x 5.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 6
- 1.5 x 5.0 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 5
- 1.5 x 6.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 6
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 4
- 3.0 x 9.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 6
- 3.0 x 12.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 2
- 5.0 x 9.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 1
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 6
- 6.5 x 9.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 6
- 6.5 x 12.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 2
- K&S Music Wire 0.055" x 36" x 2
- K&S Music Wire 0.078" x 36" x 1
- K&S Music Wire 3/32" x 36" x 3
- K&S Music Wire 1/8" x 36" x 1
|Click the image for a preview of the|
laser cut parts included in the kitset
|Materials Completion Pack: