After only 12-15 hours in the workshop, you emerge with a model equal to any expertly built kit. That's one advantage of Great Planes' almost ready-to-fly Big Stiks - their huge leap forward in prebuilt quality. Great Planes also returns to the original Big Stik plans, rather than copying one of the numerous remakes that crowded airfields over the years. The result? ARFs that unite a pure, proven design with the best modern model-making technology.
There's no better way to ease yourself into aerobatics than with a Big Stik. They're very maneuverable, yet slow to a walk for smooth landings. Our ARF versions gives you the confidence to try anything, because they're so well-made - and a cinch to assemble.
- Over 90% factory-built, with exceptional quality wood construction and preapplied MonoKote covering.
- Large wing and high wing mounting increase stability - fully symmetrical airfoil and enlarged control surface area provide tremendous potential for aerobatics.
- Easy low-speed handling characteristics permit leisurely landings on the included, heavy-duty aluminum landing gear.
- Includes premium-quality, Great Planes brand hardware - control horns, clevises, wheels, wheel collars and more.
- Step-by-step, photo-illustrated assembly instructions double as an exceptionally thorough reference for future maintenance and repairs.
- Wingspan: 58.5 in (1485 mm)
- Wing Area770 inē (49.7 dmē)
- Weight: 5.3 lb (2.4 kg)
- Wing Loading: 15.7 oz/ftē (48 g/dmē)
- Fuselage Length: 51 in (1295 mm)
- Engine Required: 2-stroke .40-.51 cu in or 4-stroke .60-.80 cu in
- Radio Required:4-5 channel w/5 standard servos