The Avistar Elite is the perfect choice for progressing from basic training to aerobatics using one plane and a flight instructor’s assistance. Its high wing mounting and tricycle landing gear boost your confidence by adding stability and easy ground handling. The semi-symmetrical airfoil offers greater maneuverability as soon as you’re ready.
- In the air fast — thanks to factory-finished, built-up wood sections; pre-hinged control surfaces; and glue-free assembly
- Large and stable design is better able to handle windy conditions than park fliers.
- Wing halves feature prehinged control surfaces, installed aileron servos, and bays for optional flaps. Simply slide them onto the joiner tube. No glue is used, so they remove easily for transport.
- In seconds, the removable main landing gear snaps into a factory-installed mount. The steerable nose wheel is already installed.
- The patented EasyAlign system guides tail sections into place automatically. No tools are needed. Simply tighten the thumb screws to assemble a straight, strong tail!
- The Avistar Elite wing is semi-symmetrical, or slightly rounded on the bottom. It combines trainer-like stability with the ability to execute smooth rolls and other aerobatics that flat-bottom trainers cannot perform.
- Clevises and control horns are already attached to the model’s factory-hinged control surfaces — one of many details that save time in the workshop and get you flying faster.
- Because it’s larger than park fliers, the Avistar Elite is also more stable and better able to handle windy conditions.
- Stock Number: GPMA1005
- Wingspan: 62.5 in (1590 mm)
- Wing Area: 672 in² (43.3 dm²)
- Weight: 6.5-7 lb (2950 -3170 g)
- Wing Loading: 22-24 oz/ft² (67 -73 g/dm²)
- Length: 55 in (1395 mm)
- Requires: Radio system with 4-5 channels and 4-7 servos, 2-stroke .46-.55 (7.5-9 cc) engine OR .46 (42-60-800kV) brushless motor, 45A brushless ESC, 14.8v 3350 mAh LiPo battery & charger