Time to re-live the war on the Western Front in 1915, with your own Fokker E-III Eindecker! Based on a 1980 design by John Lockwood, this 100" 120 size Eindecker will satisfy the scale modeller who enjoys the craftsmanship of vintage style woodworking and metalwork.
Fokker Eindecker fighters fitted with synchronised machine-guns, came into service with the Imperial German Flying Corps (Die Fliegertruppen). Over the Western Front, the Fokkers gained a measure of air superiority against Allied aircraft. The new fighter came as a surprise to Allied aviators and the psychological effect was an important factor in its success.
While the woodwork in this kit is relatively simple, there is some metal work and fabrication required which will require a level of kit building experience. True to the original aircraft and following the design on the plan, the wing in our kitset is designed and built to operate with wing-warping. This involves the associated metalwork and rigging of the working flying wires. The wood and metals pack includes the music wire and brass tube required, but further metal supplies and part fabrication of mounting points etc will be required.
Our kitset includes laser cut cowling rings to allow you to laminate and sand the engine cowling to shape from balsa and ply parts. The kitset does not include the flying wires and turnbuckles (8 metres of approximately 1mm flying wire and 10 turnbuckles required).
We do production runs daily, so any kitset will generally ship within 1 to 2 working days. We ship locally or worldwide, with worldwide delivery generally between 7 to 21 days. All pricing on this web site is in New Zealand dollars.
If you are visiting from overseas see our International Web Site hangaronekits.com for pricing in US Dollars & other currencies with swift worldwide shipping options.
- Wingspan: 100" / 2540mm
- Number of channels: 4
- Recommended engine size: 90 size two stroke or 120 to 150 four stroke
- Includes full sized rolled plan
Click the image for a preview of the plan
|Materials Required For Airframe Completion:|
See the bottom of the page to add
these materials in with your kitset
- 1.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheets x 2
- 6.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheets x 2
- 1.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 30
- 2.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 2
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 1
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 18
- 2.5 x 9.5 x 1220 Spruce Sticks x 4
- 3.0 x 12.5 x 1220 Spruce Sticks x 5
- 6.5 x 25 x 915 Balsa Trailing Edge x 3
- 12.5 x 12.5 x 915 Balsa Triangle x 1
- 6.0mm Pine Dowel x 1
- K&S Music Wire 1/8" x 36" x 3
- K&S Music Wire 5/32" x 36" x 2
- K&S Brass Tube 5/32" x 36" x 4
- K&S Brass Tube 1/4" x 36" x 2
- K&S Brass Tube 9/32" x 36" x 1
- K&S Brass Tube 5/16" x 36" x 3
- K&S Streamline Tube 3/8" x 36" x 1
- Dubro #300 Turnbuckles x 5
- Flying Wire 0.8 ~ 1.0mm x 8 Metres
|Click the image for a preview of the|
laser cut parts included in the kitset
|Materials Completion Pack: