Time to re-live the war on the Western Front in 1915, with your own Fokker E-III Eindecker! Based on a 1980 design by John Lockwood, this 100" 120 size Eindecker will satisfy the scale modeller who enjoys the craftsmanship of vintage style woodworking and metalwork.
Fokker Eindecker fighters fitted with synchronised machine-guns, came into service with the Imperial German Flying Corps (Die Fliegertruppen). Over the Western Front, the Fokkers gained a measure of air superiority against Allied aircraft. The new fighter came as a surprise to Allied aviators and the psychological effect was an important factor in its success.
While the woodwork in this kit is relatively simple, there is some metal work and fabrication required which will require a level of kit building experience. True to the original aircraft and following the design on the plan, the wing in our kitset is designed and built to operate with wing-warping. This involves the associated metalwork and rigging of the working flying wires. The wood and metals pack includes the music wire and brass tube required, but further metal supplies and part fabrication of mounting points etc will be required.
Our kitset includes laser cut cowling rings to allow you to laminate and sand the engine cowling to shape from balsa and ply parts. The kitset does not include the flying wires and turnbuckles (8 metres of approximately 1mm flying wire and 10 turnbuckles required).
Our laser cut short kits are held in stock ready for prompt shipping, and we ship locally or worldwide, with worldwide delivery generally between 7 to 21 days. See the bottom of the page for the option to add in a wood completion pack to give you all the wood you need to complete the short kit. All prices are in NZ Dollars.
- Wingspan: 100" / 2540mm
- Number of channels: 4
- Recommended engine size: 90 size two stroke or 120 to 150 four stroke
- Includes full sized rolled plan
Click the image for a preview of the plan
|Materials Required For Completion:|
- 1.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheets x 2
- 6.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheets x 2
- 1.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 30
- 2.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 2
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 1
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 18
- 2.5 x 9.5 x 1220 Spruce Sticks x 4
- 3.0 x 12.5 x 1220 Spruce Sticks x 5
- 6.5 x 25 x 915 Balsa Trailing Edge x 3
- 12.5 x 12.5 x 915 Balsa Triangle x 1
- 6.0mm Pine Dowel x 1
- K&S Music Wire 1/8" x 36" x 3
- K&S Music Wire 5/32" x 36" x 2
- K&S Brass Tube 5/32" x 36" x 4
- K&S Brass Tube 1/4" x 36" x 2
- K&S Brass Tube 9/32" x 36" x 1
- K&S Brass Tube 5/16" x 36" x 3
- K&S Streamline Tube 3/8" x 36" x 1
- Dubro #300 Turnbuckles x 5
- Flying Wire 0.8 ~ 1.0mm x 8 Metres
|Click the image for a preview of the|
laser cut parts included in the kitset
|Laser Kit Wood Completion Pack: