Few modelling experiences can be as fulfilling as catching a thermal from a model launched by hand, with no other energy source involved. Until now, this experience has been out of reach to non-expert modelers for a variety of reasons. The E-flite UMX Whipit DLG glider is for everyone regardless of experience level.
Like the high-performance discus-launch gliders (DLG) popular in competition, this ultra micro glider features carbon fiber for strength. The wing is removable for easy storage and is reinforced for right or left handed launches.
A protective pod cover easily reveals the simple two-channel Spektrum DSMX control system and battery. With just a single 150mAh 1S LiPo battery you can expect long flight times either in your backyard, a local park or just about anywhere you want to harness the power of nature.
- Ultra-lightweight construction
- Removable, carbon reinforced wing
- Simple rudder and elevator control
- Spektrum DSMX 2.4GHz receiver/servo unit, installed
- Carbon-fiber boom with internally located pushrods
- Lightweight foam fuselage pod, wings and tail surfaces
- Long flight times on just a 1S LiPo battery
- Graceful, slow-flight performance
- Easy to fly and launch by hand
Required To Complete:
- Recommended Environment: Outdoor
- Material: Foam/Carbon
- Wingspan: 620mm
- Length: 620mm
- Wing Area: 5.30 sq dm
- Recommended Battery: 150mAh 1S 3.7v 25C LiPo
- Minimum Required Radio: 4 channel
- 4+ channel transmitter with Spektrum DSM2 / DSMX 2.4GHz technology
- Ultra micro 150mAh 1S 3.7v LiPo flight battery
- LiPo charger