Ask any of the thousands of pilots who have flown one. Radian motor gliders are the sailplanes of choice if you want a quick and easy way to experience the thrill of RC soaring or relax with a quick flight. They are so easy to fly, even pilots with no soaring experience have been able to master the art of riding thermals after just a few flights.
The giant E-Flite Radian XL 2.6m motor glider adds a whole new dimension of soaring excitement to the Radian line while staying true to its heritage with simple elevator/rudder/throttle/spoiler controls.
Efficient 2.6-Meter Polyhedral Wing with Spoilers
The wing, which spans just over 8 1/2 feet (102 inches) tip to tip, has been designed to provide superb thermal-grabbing capabilities while minimizing drag for maximum endurance. When it's time to return to Earth, its fully-proportional, retractable spoilers will allow you to precisely manage your descent and use less area to land.
Full-Flying Horizontal Stabiliser
The E-flite team designed the Radian XL motor glider with a flying horizontal stabilizer for better pitch control. Unlike a fixed-position horizontal stabilizer with a hinged elevator, the entire stabilizer rotates up or down to provide extra aerodynamic force. The result is a big glider with superb pitch response at every speed.
Easy Assembly, Transport and Storage
Putting this massive flying machine together couldn't be easier. All you need is a few minutes and a Phillips-head screwdriver. The bolt-together wing comes in three pieces-a center section with spoilers and two outer sections. The 2-piece, full-flying elevator slides into the tail and bolts together.
Brushless Power and Lightweight Construction with Z-Foam Material
This combination gives the model an impressive power-to-weight ratio that translates into exhilarating launch performance. The lightweight airframe also makes the motor remarkably efficient at altitude so you can spend more time hunting for thermals.
- Approximate Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
- Completion Level: Plug-N-Play
- Flying Weight: 2254g
- Minimum Required Radio: 5+ Channel Transmitter & Receiver
- Speed Controller: 40 Amp
- Motor Size: BL 10 1250Kv
- Propeller Size: 12 x 4
- Recommended Motor Battery: 3200 mAh 3 Cell LiPo
- Wingspan: 2.6m
Needed To Complete:
- Big and easy to fly
- Efficient 2.6 meter polyhedral wing with fully-proportional spoilers
- Full-Flying horizontal stabiliser for superb pitch control
- Assembles and disassembles in minutes
- Easy to transport and store
- Powerful, efficient brushless motor
- Constructed of durable, lightweight Z-Foam™ material
- 5+ channel transmitter & minimum 5 channel receiver
- 3 Cell 3200 mAh LiPo battery with an EC3 connector and charger