The Moth Minor was designed as a low-wing monoplane to replace the biplane Moth series, and was intended to give similar performance with less power, without the need for rigging.
The wooden prototype of the DH.94 was first flown by Geoffrey de Havilland on 22 June 1937 at Hatfield Aerodrome. Production started and nearly 100 examples had been built by the outbreak of the Second World War. With a selling price of only £575 the Moth Minor was popular with flying clubs keen to acquire modern monoplanes.
Our own design of the Moth Minor in 88" for 90 to 120 size engines includes quick and easy interlocking construction for a simple yet accurate build, and plug-in wings for ease of transport.
We will have a fibreglass cowl available to fit this model at an additional cost in the next few weeks.
Our laser cut short kits are held in stock ready for prompt shipping, and we ship locally or worldwide, with worldwide delivery generally between 7 to 21 days. See the bottom of the page for the option to add in a wood completion pack to give you all the wood you need to complete the short kit. All prices are in NZ Dollars.
- Wingspan: 88" / 2235mm
- Number of channels: 5
- Recommended engine size: 90 - 120 size four stroke
- Includes full sized rolled plan
Click the image for a preview of the plan
|Materials Required For Completion:|
- 1.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheets x 4
- 2.0 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheets x 24
- 6.5 x 75 x 915 Balsa Sheets x 7
- 9.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheets x 1
- 5.0 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 3
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 2
- 3.0 x 9.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 5
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 5
- Pine Dowel 6mm x 1
|Click the image for a preview of the|
laser cut parts included in the kitset
|Laser Kit Wood Completion Pack: