Designed by Phil Kraft, the original concept of the Ugly Stik was to design a radio controlled aircraft which could be built in an absolute minimum of time and could be considered as expendable.
The airplane that took 3 evenings to design and finish became one of the most built and flown designs in RC!
We have improved on the original design by adding in two plywood wing servo mounts to allow two standard size aileron servos to be mounted in the wing, and a servo tray for mounting standard size servos inside the fuselage.
Our laser cut short kits are held in stock ready for prompt shipping, and we ship locally or worldwide, with worldwide delivery generally between 7 to 21 days. See the bottom of the page for the option to add in a Materials Completion Pack to give you all the materials you need to complete the airframe build. All prices are in NZ Dollars.
- Wingspan: 62" / 1581mm
- Number of channels: 4
- Recommended engine size: 45 - 60 two stroke
- Includes full sized rolled plan and the original construction notes
Click the image for a preview of the plan
|Materials Required For Airframe Completion:|
- 1.5 x 75 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 4
- 3.0 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 2
- 3.0 x 5.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 2
- 5.0 x 5.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 4
- 9.5 x 9.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 2
- 6.5 x 12.5 x 915 Spruce x 5
|Click the image for a preview of the|
laser cut parts included in the kitset
|Materials Completion Pack: