The Cessna Bird Dog was a liaison and observation aircraft used by the American Army, who at the time were looking for a single engine all metal aircraft to replace the wood and fabric covered aircraft of the era, which had short service lives. The Cessna Bird Dog first went into service in the Korean War in 1950.
Our 72" Laser Cut Short Kit is based on a Bob Rich design, and will fly well with a 40 size two stroke or 70 size four stroke, or electric equivalent.
We do production runs daily, so any kitset will generally ship within 1 to 2 working days. We ship locally or worldwide, with worldwide delivery generally between 7 to 21 days. All pricing on this web site is in New Zealand dollars.
If you are visiting from overseas see our International Web Site hangaronekits.com for pricing in US Dollars & other currencies with swift worldwide shipping options.
- Wingspan: 72" / 1828mm
- Number of channels: 4 - 5
- Recommended engine size: 40 two stroke, 70 four stroke or electric equivalent
- Includes full sized rolled plan
Click the image for a preview of the plan
|Materials Required For Airframe Completion:|
See the bottom of the page to add
these materials in with your kitset
- 1.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 18
- 2.5 x 100 x 915 Balsa Sheet x 4
- 1.5 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 4
- 3.0 x 6.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 1
- 6.5 x 12.5 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 4
- 15.0 x 15.0 x 915 Balsa Sticks x 1
- 5.0 x 12.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 3
- 6.5 x 9.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 4
- 6.5 x 12.5 x 915 Spruce Sticks x 2
- 6.5 x 25 x 915 Balsa Trailing Edge x 1
- 9.5 x 32 x 915 Balsa Trailing Edge x 1
- 12.5 x 50 x 915 Balsa Trailing Edge x 1
- 25.0 x 25.0 x 915 Balsa Triangle x 1
- 3/16" Music Wire x 2
|Click the image for a preview of the|
laser cut parts included in the kitset
|Materials Completion Pack: